If you are from Hyderabad or in Hyderabad for the summer holidays, you should consider spending a day at the Wonderland Amusement Park that is located on the outskirts of the city and is a perfect place that you should visit because even I felt this might be an overhyped place because of the name it has already, but no, it does have a lot for you to spend a hot summer day with the mix of thrill rides and then, the water rides.
If you are not someone who reads a lot and would prefer the visuals, you can directly check the video that I have taken for an easy view of what to expect when it comes to the thrill adventures and rides.
Quick information and tips for Wonderla Hyderabad
Plan it ahead and book the tickets for a good price, or the last day booking is usually pricier. That’s how the ticketing system in Wonderla is. If you are planning for, say, June 30th, buy a ticket before 26th itself so that you get it for Rs. 950, or the ticket price would shoot up to Rs. 1100 for adults if you are booking from 28th to 30th June. That’s called the Early Riser tickets.
Pricing includes the rides or do I have to pay extra?
The price of the ticket is inclusive of everything except the food and costume. Every ride that you enter, every water pool or ride you get into is free once you enter the park with the valid ticket. You don’t have to pay for anything except for any food item.
Timings: Reach the park by around 10:30 a.m. so that you are just on time and get all the time to enjoy the rides. Just to note, if you are there for the water adventures and not the thrill land rides, there’s no need to hurry – the water park starts at 12:30 p.m.
Lockers: Better if you carry too less stuff along with you because the food is not allowed inside and just a small bag with the swimming costume should be enough. There are lockers available but just near the entrance and you will have to come down after a long walk to reach it. I won’t discuss the price as that can change with time (though it was Rs. 170 while writing).
Costume: You are free to wear anything for the adventure rides but for the water rides and the pools, there has to be a costume worn and if you already own one, carry it along. I forgot to take mine and it wasn’t an expensive affair as you have to pay Rs. 150 to purchase the pair, while a costume for women costs Rs. 450.
It is good to have 100% Nylon or synthetic material so you don’t face an issue while entering the water rides.
Fastrack Tickets – What are these?
Basically, at any adventure parks, there are long queues at every ride. You might sometimes have to spend over 30 minutes to get onto one thrill ride and with such wastage of time, you wouldn’t be able to enjoy all of these in a single day. Fastrack tickets are the special entry tickets where you beat the queue in every ride. You don’t have to join that long queue and are directly sent to the ride entry if you are a holder of Fastrack ticket. The cost, though, is almost the double of the normal ticket.
Is the water going to be too cold during the winters?
It would get cold for sure and during winters, according to the park officials, there will be temperature controlled pools operating and you would find the water to be warmer than usual and that will be done with the solar panels mounted on the buildings there.
Food and water availability at Wonderla Hyderabad
There is abundant water available in the park and that is chilled water at no cost. Also, if you are someone who likes packaged water bottles, these are available as well at the restaurants and food court. For the food, the Chillies Restaurant was decent and the food court has several outlets. You won’t feel out of place with the kind of food available here.
Other things to note
- You better be carrying a hat and have goggles handy because the scorching sun could be tiring you out sooner than you expect.
- There’s a giant wheel named as Sky Wheel that is newly introduced in the Hyderabad and it gives a lovely view of the city from the height that it is installed at. Neither an adventurous trip, not a thrilling one, but the Sky Wheel offers a decent view of the city.
- The high-thrill rides available for you to enjoy at the Hyderabad park are Recoil, Maverick, Equinox, Techno Jump, Twin Flip T Rex, and Space Jam.
- The land rides that families can enjoy together include Sky Wheel, Adventures of Chikku, Termite Coaster and Train, Pirate Ship, Wonder Splash, Grand Prix, and Crazy Cars I & II.
- The water rides available at Wonderla Hyderabad are Rain Disco, Boomerang, Fun Racers, Uphill Racers, Wavy and Vertical Fall, Harakiri, Mammoth, Wave Pools, Lazy River, Sea Lagoon, and Drop and Tornado.
- The kids rides at the Hyderabad park include Mini Pirate Ship, Kiddies Wheel, Carousel, Flying Jumbo, Convoy, Moon Base, Mini Top Spin, Circus Train, and Twist and Shout.
- ATM Counter: Cash Dispensing Machines are available at the parking and entrance areas of the park.
- Smokers’ Corner: Smoking is permitted only in designated areas.
- EZ Pay: EZ Pay, like the name suggests, is an e-wallet that lets you replace your actual wallet with a wristband. Fill it with money as required and use it anywhere inside our park. Keep your wallet safe & pay with rechargeable EZ Pay Bands at Wonderla!
Overall – How is the Wonderla Hyderabad park experience?
The park is worth your time and money. But remember, you need to love the adventure part to enjoy it here, otherwise it would be just another water park.